Prince’ cause of death revealed, died of Drug Overdose

Prince’cause of death has been finally revealed. According to the autopsy report, the music legend died from an accidental overdose of the painkiller fentanyl

Earlier, detectives questionaed a doctor who saw the 57-year-old twice in the weeks before he died.
Prescription painkillers were in the singer’s possession following his death, officials told US media in May.
A police warrant has also revealed that Dr Michael Schulenberg prescribed medication to the singer on 20 April , the day before he died.

According to the autopsy report, Prince self-administered fentanyl, an opioid many times more powerful than heroin.
Prince was found unresponsive in a lift at his Paisley Park Studios on the morning of 21 April and first responders tried to revive him with CPR but he was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
He is believed to have suffered from knee and hip pain from years of performing, the Associated Press news agency reports, citing a friend.
The report, from the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Minnesota, comes more than a month after the singer was found slumped in a lift at his home.

Prince was cremated on 24 April in a private ceremony which only close friends and family are allowed in. The singer’s family are reported to be planning a public memorial in August.

%d bloggers like this: